Tuscany & Umbria
This is a special 8-day culinary and educational tour of Tuscan and Umbria food and wine producers as well as its farming countryside and Florence art treasures, arranged by Marisa May, her father Tony May and the Italian Culinary Foundation, in collaboration with the celebrated Tuscan cooking school Lorenzo de Medici in Florence.
All this – and more surprises – throughout the week!
VISITS TO MERCATO SAN LORENZO – FOOD & WINE PRODUCERS AND LUNCH
Visits to the Mercato San Lorenzo will be related to the subject of the day. Enjoy a casual lunch at the Mercato.
THE SCHOOL – LORENZO DE MEDICI
Cooking classes will be held for four days from 9am to 12 noon at Lorenzo De Medici Cooking School located in the heart of Florence.
ART, CULTURE & RESTAURANTS
From 5pm on, we tour Florence – its sights, art, and museums. Close the day with dinner at a typical Florentine restaurant. Here you will meet the chef/owners and discover what's behind the cuisine they create.
WINE & TRUFFLE EXTRAVAGANZA
We start late morning to visit Montefalco and an outstanding winery. Taste the wine and the cuisine and discover the passion behind the quality.
Our journey continues to Torgiano where we stay at the 5 Star Hotel Tre Vaselle. Visit the Wine & Balsamic Vinegar Museum, the Cellars and enjoy dinner with Chiara Lungarotti.
You will never forget Norcia and the Urbani Black & White Truffle Empire after you've seen and tasted the truffles, and met Olga Urbani “The Truffle Boss!”
8 days/7 nights
This tour is offered for three dates in 2019:
• March 30 - April 7, 2019
• May 25 - June 2, 2019
• October 5 - 13, 2019
USD $4,450, single occupancy
Price is all-inclusive from moment of arrival until departure.
• Attendees must have some cooking experience and knife skills
• A chef knife and paring knife (in checked luggage)
• An apron or chef jacket and comfortable shoes for walking and working in the kitchen
Package price includes
• 6 hotel nights in Florence, Tuscany and 1 night hotel in Torgiano, Umbria - single occupancy
• Ground transportation and transfers
• Breakfast, lunch and 6 dinners
• Welcome cocktail and dinner on Sunday night
• Visits to food and wine producers
• All school expenses and cultural visits
• English interpreter on hand at all times
• One chef jacket with school logo and name
• Certificate of Attendance to the Italian Culinary Foundation’s program in Italy
Package price does not include
• Medical and travel insurance
“This program was a great way to understand and feel true Italian cuisine … from field trips to practical hands on cooking … you always feel like you’re learning, even at a simple family meal.”
Executive Chef and Food & Beverage Director
Hyatt Regency Boston
“I was unsure what more there was to learn, boy was I wrong. Tony and his partner chef Sergio Mei provided an in depth and exciting program that not only taught the skills and methods of classic Italian cuisine but also inspired me through historical cuisine theory.”
Vice President of Food & Beverage Operations
Marcus Hotels & Resorts, Milwaukee
“I had the best time which I will cherish forever. It was an honor being with Tony, Marisa, and Sergio … I loved the classes in the mornings, the visits to the producers and cooking in the evenings.”