Emilia Romagna Food Valley & UNESCO Sites
Join Marisa May and her father Tony May on a food focused, cooking and cultural arts tour of the Emilia Romagna region located between north and central Italy. It is known to be one of the most fertile and richest food valleys in all of Italy with the finest Italian products.
Taste and learn about Parmigiano Reggiano, Prosciutto di Parma, Balsamic vinegar of Modena, mortadella, Ferrari cars, Luciano Pavarotti, Verdi's operas, Romanesque churches, fresh cheeses, piadina, and Sangiovese wines – all originated in this region.
Four morning cooking classes at I PORTICI cooking school in Bologna with daily visits to The Antique Mercato, focusing on foods related to the daily curriculum, and lunch.
CULTURAL EXCURSIONS AND VISITS TO FOOD PRODUCERS
Cultural excursions to UNESCO sites and visits to food producers of Parmesan cheese, Parma ham and traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena.
EVENING WINE & DINE
Dinner at traditional local restaurants in and around Bologna and Modena.
8 days / 7 nights • Postponed till Spring 2021
USD $4,550 pp, single occupancy
Payment by Check
Make checks payable to: Italian Culinary Foundation
Mail checks to: Italian Culinary Foundation
12 East 49th Street, 11th Floor
New York, NY 10017
Payment by Credit Card or Wire Transfer
Please provide all credit card or bank information. Credit card payment will be processed via PAYPAL. An additional PAYPAL service fee will be applied.
• Attendees must have some cooking experience and knife skills
• A chef knife and paring knife (packed in checked luggage)
• An apron or chef jacket and comfortable shoes for walking and working in the kitchen
Package price includes
• 4 nights in Bologna at 4-star hotel TRE VECCHI (zanhotel.it) and 3 nights in Modena at 4-star PHI HOTEL CANALGRANDE (hotelcanalgrandemodena.com); single occupancy
• 4 cooking class days at I PORTICI cooking school (academy.bottegaportici.it) from 9 am to 12 noon
• All breakfasts
• 6 evening outings and dinner in traditional local restaurants, Dinner Gala, 6 lunches including beverages and local wine
• Welcome cocktail and dinner on Sunday arrival
• Afternoon visits to the Mercato Quadrilatero in Bologna and food producers
• All school expenses and cultural visits
• Ground transportation and land transfers from and to Bologna Airport
• Visits to Parmesan factory, Parma Ham factory and acetaia with tastings
• Certificates of attendance to the Italian Culinary Foundation’s program in Italy
• One chef jacket with school logo and name
Package price does not include
• Roundtrip airfare from U.S. to Bologna
• Medical and travel insurance
• Gratuities for tour guides, drivers and hotel staff
If you have any dietary necessities, please advice when booking.