Tuscany & Umbria
This is a special 8-day culinary and educational tour of Tuscan and Umbrian food and wine producers as well as its farming countryside and Florence art treasures, arranged by Marisa May, her father Tony May and the Italian Culinary Foundation, in collaboration with the celebrated Tuscan cooking school Lorenzo de Medici in Florence.
All this – and more surprises – throughout the week!
VISITS TO MERCATO SAN LORENZO –
FOOD & WINE PRODUCERS AND LUNCH
Visits to the Mercato San Lorenzo will be related to the subject of the day. Enjoy a casual lunch at the Mercato.
ART, CULTURE & RESTAURANTS
From 5pm on, we tour Florence – its sights, art, and museums. Close the day with dinner at a typical Florentine restaurant. Here you will meet the chef/owners and discover what's behind the cuisine they create.
WINE & TRUFFLE EXTRAVAGANZA
We start late morning to visit Montefalco and an outstanding winery. Taste the wine and the cuisine and discover the passion behind the quality.
Our journey continues to Torgiano where we stay at the 5 Star Hotel Tre Vaselle. Visit the Wine & Balsamic Vinegar Museum, the Cellars and enjoy dinner with Chiara Lungarotti. You will never forget Norcia and the Urbani Black & White Truffle Empire after you've seen and tasted the truffles, and met Olga Urbani “The Truffle Boss!”
8 days/7 nights • Postponed till Spring 2021
USD $4,450 pp, single occupancy
Payment by Check
Make checks payable to: Italian Culinary Foundation
Mail checks to: Italian Culinary Foundation
12 East 49th Street, 11th Floor
New York, NY 10017
Payment by Credit Card or Wire Transfer
Please provide all credit card or bank information. Credit card payment will be processed via PAYPAL. An additional PAYPAL service fee will be applied.
• Attendees must have some cooking experience and knife skills
• A chef knife and paring knife (packed in checked luggage)
• An apron or chef jacket and comfortable shoes for walking and working in the kitchen
Package price includes
• 6 hotel nights in Florence, Tuscany at Hotel Corona D’Italia, single occupancy and 1 hotel night in Torgiano, Umbria at Hotel Tre Vaselle, double occupancy
• Ground transportation and land transfers from and to Rome Fiumicino Airport
• Breakfast, lunch and 6 dinners (includes gratuities)
• Welcome cocktail and dinner on Sunday night
• Visits to food and wine producers
• All school expenses and cultural visits
• English interpreter on hand at all times
• One chef jacket with school logo and name
• Certificate of Attendance
Package price does not include
• Roundtrip airfare from U.S. to Rome or Florence
• Roundtrip airfare from Rome to Florence*
• Medical and travel insurance
• Gratuities for tour guides, drivers and hotel staff
* To fly to Florence from Rome, book Alitalia roundtrip from Rome Fiumicino Airport to Florence.